- 1 ½ cups / 190g all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoon / 60g chickpea flour / besan
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup / 150g sugar finely ground
- ½ cup / 80g almonds roasted and crushed
- 6 GREENSFUD CARDAMOM pods husk removed, and seeds crushed into powder
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD CARDAMOM powder
- ¾ cup / 190g GREENSFUD GHEE
- 1 egg yolk whisked
- Whole almonds crushed almonds, and crushed pistachios, for garnish
- Oven should be preheated to 180°C/350°F (fan forced 160°C).
- In a mortar and pestle, grind the seeds to a fine consistency.
- In a small frying pan, dry roast the almonds until they are light golden brown. Let them cool before using a manual nut grinder to roughly crush them.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, besan (chickpea flour), baking soda, baking powder, finely ground sugar, roasted and crushed almonds and cardamom powder. Mix well.
- Mix well before adding the ghee (clarified butter). Initially crumbly, the dough will eventually come together into a rough ball. I like to start with a rubber spatula and once the ghee (clarified butter) is thoroughly combined, I use my hands to form the dough into a ball. The dough does not need to be kneaded.
- Scoop out about 2 teaspoons of the dough with a cookie scoop or your hands, and then roll into a ball. Place each biscuit with about 1 1/2 inches between them on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. The whisked egg yolk should be used to brush the biscuit tops.
- Add pistachios or almonds as a garnish. A whole almond, crushed almonds, crushed pistachios, or a combination of crushed pistachios and almonds are all acceptable options. The nuts should be lightly pressed into the dough. It is also feasible to bake them without any garnish and leave them simple.
- The cookies should be baked for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the tops are lightly brown and the edges are firm. Place on a baking sheet, then thoroughly cool. When the cookies first come out of the oven, they will be a little mushy, but after a few minutes, they will solidify.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: COOKIES
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Cardamom biscuits, Biscuits, Cookies, Indian cuisine