- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD DRIED GINGER POWDER
- 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD GARLIC POWDER
- 1 green chilly pepper, seeded and chopped (Optional)
- 3 tablespoons GREENSFUD OLIVE OIL
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD CHILLI POWDER
- 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD CORIANDER POWDER
- 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD GARAM MASALA
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD TURMERIC POWDER
- 1 pinch GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN SALT to taste
- water as needed
- 450 grams chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine onion, tomato, ginger, garlic and chilli pepper to make a paste.
- A big skillet with medium heat is used to heat the olive oil. Fry bay leaves in heated oil for 30 seconds or until aromatic. Pour the paste into the skillet and heat it for two to three minutes or until the oil starts to separate from the food and turns golden brown. Salt, turmeric, chilly powder, coriander and garam masala are added to the mixture & it is cooked and stirred for 2 to 3 minutes or until it is very hot.
- Stir in just enough water to make a thick gravy, heat to a boil and then stir in the chickpeas. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally on medium heat, until the chickpeas are thoroughly heated. Add cilantro as a garnish.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: MAIN DISH
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Chana masala, Main dish, Indian cuisine