For chicken velveting:
- 300 grams chicken breast sliced
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda / bicarbonate soda
For chicken marination:
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD CRUSHED WHITE PEPPER
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 tablespoon cornflour / cornstarch
For the chicken chili dry sauce
- 3 tablespoons GREENSFUD COCONUT OIL
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon sliced ginger
- 2 – 3 green chilies sliced diagonly (adjust as per taste and spiciness of chilies)
- ½ onion sliced
- 2 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- ¼ teaspoon GREENSFUD CRUSHED WHITE PEPPER
To velvet chicken:
- Add baking soda to a bowl with the thinly sliced chicken breast. In the refrigerator, marinate for 20 minutes.
- Make sure all of the baking soda is removed from the chicken by rinsing it under running water. To remove the extra water, dab it with a paper towel.
- This process will guarantee that the chicken breast is as tender.
Marinating the chicken and frying chicken:
- Put the cleaned and dried chicken in another clean bowl. Mix thoroughly after adding the marinade ingredients. In the refrigerator, marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a big skillet, frying pan or wok, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat.
- Once the oil is sufficiently hot, add the chicken slices and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and golden brown. If the oil is excessively hot, the chicken will only cook from the exterior in rather than the inside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the chicken and set it aside.
To make the chicken chilli dry:
- Drain the skillet or frying pan of any extra oil and heat it to a medium-low temperature.
- Add the minced garlic and ginger slices, and cook for a minute, stirring occasionally, until the garlic and ginger are fragrant.
- Add the green chile slices and cook for 30 to 45 seconds.
- After adding, sauté the onion slices for 2 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water, the soy sauce, vinegar, salt and white pepper. The fried chicken should be added when the mixture comes to a boil.
- The chicken should be well heated after being mixed with the sauce and cooking for a few minutes. Serve hot with fried rice.
- Prep Time: 40 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: MAIN DISH
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Chilli chicken dry, Chicken, Main dish, Indian cuisine