- 1 tablespoon GREENSFUD KASHMIRI CHILLY POWDER
- 1-piece GREENSFUD CINNAMON STICK
- 1 teaspoon GRENSFUD CUMIN SEEDS
- 6 whole GREENSFUD CLOVES
- ½ teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD TURMERIC POWDER
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT TO TASTE
- 1 kg boneless pork loin roast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (GREENSFUD OLIVE OIL)
- 4 onions, chopped
- 6 teaspoon GREENSFUD GARLIC POWDER
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD DRIED GINGER
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 green chile peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- ¼ cup white vinegar
- Use a mortar and pestle or an electric coffee grinder to pound the cinnamon stick, cumin, clove, peppercorns until the spices are finely powdered. To make a smooth paste, combine with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and add kashmiri chilly powder and turmeric powder into it. Salt is used to flavor.
- To evenly coat the pork cubes, combine the spice-vinegar paste with them in a bowl. The bowl should be covered with plastic wrap and marinated in the fridge overnight.
- In a Dutch oven or sizable saucepan, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. For about 10 minutes, cook and stir the onions, garlic and ginger until they are golden brown. Cook, stirring regularly, until the pork cubes have firmed up, about 5 minutes after adding the pork and marinade. Add the water, then heat it until it’s simmering.
- Add the water, bring to a simmer, then lower the heat, cover the pan and cook for about 40 minutes or until the pork is cooked.
- Add the green chilly pepper strips and 1/4 cup vinegar after stirring. Cook uncovered for a further 30 minutes, or until the vindaloo has thickened and the green chilli peppers have softened. Before serving, add salt to taste.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr 25 mins
- Category: MAIN DISH
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Goan pork vindaloo, Main dish, Indian cuisine