- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp GREENSFUD OREGANO
- 1 tsp GREENSFUD BLACK PEPPER
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200 millilitres extra virgin olive oil
- 5 medium tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar (super fine sugar)
- 1 pinch of GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- 1 very large cos lettuce
- 1 bulb fennel
- 125 g pitted black olives
- 400 g feta cheese
- 100 grams cucumber
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Peel the red onion and cut it into thin half-moons. Sprinkle the oregano and pepper over the oregano.
- Pour in the vinegar and oil and toss well. Cover, and leave too steep for a good 2 hours; longer is fine. You’ll also note that the onion’s bloodred scarlet has changed into a glowing puce after some time has passed.
- Cut the tomatoes to the desired size. Sprinkle the sugar and a pinch of salt over them and set them aside.
- Wash the lettuce and tear it into big pieces. Put it into a large, wide salad bowl.
- Slice the fennel and add that, then the olives, cucumber and the feta, cut or crumbled into rough chunks and toss well.
- Now add the tomatoes, red onion and lemon juice. Toss gently and combine well.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Category: SALAD
- Cuisine: AMERICAN
Keywords: Greek salad, Salad, American cuisine