- ½ kg beef top sirloin steak
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD DRIED GINGER POWDER
- 3 tablespoons GREENSFUD OLIVE OIL
- 1 red onion, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 green capsicum, red capsicum cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- Slice the steak into 1/2-inch thick slices across the grain.
- Soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch and ginger in a bowl until the sugar has dissolved. Place steak slices into the marinade and coat them evenly through proper mixing.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat and cook steak strips in batches. Cook and toss until well-browned, about 3 minutes and transfer to a bowl. Repeat with the remaining steak, adding more oil as needed and set the cooked meat aside.
- Return the cooked steak strips to the pan or skillet, along with the onion and green capsicum. Toss steak and onion together until the onion begins to soften. Cook and stir the mixture until the peppers have turned bright green and started to become tender, then add the tomatoes, about 2 minutes. Stir everything together to mix and blend flavors and serve.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: MAIN COURSE
- Cuisine: CHINESE
Keywords: Chinese pepper steak, Main course, Chinese cuisine