- 1 cup GREENSFUD KODO MILLET
- 2–2.5 cup Water
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Mixed veggies (Beans, Carrot, Peas etc.)
- 3–5 green chillies, chopped
- Few Coriander leaves, Chopped
- Lemon juice, to taste
- GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- 2–3 tablespoon grated coconut, optional
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Split Black gram/ Urad dal
- 1/2 tsp Bengal Gram/ Chana Dal
- a pinch GREENSFUD TURMERIC POWDER
- Few Curry leaves
Rinse Kodo millet, then soak for 10 to 15 minutes in water. Remove the water and set aside.
- Place oil in a pan and heat. Add mustard, urad dal, and chana dal. Fry until mustard begins to sputter and the food is golden brown. After that, include green chilli, onion, and curry leaves. When the onion starts to turn a little pink, sauté for a minute or two. tomato chunks to the mix.
- Include the chopped mixed vegetables. Saute for 3–4 minutes while adding salt and turmeric.
- Water should be added. Maintain a medium-high burner while bringing to a boil.
5.Include the millet, lemon, and remaining salt when the water begins to boil. Mix well. Cook either under pressure for two whistles or on a low burner for 10 to 15 minutes. Open the cooker after the pressure is released, then add the grated coconut and coriander leaves (optional).
6.Take a hot Millet Upma and eat it alone or with chutney.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: NUTRI BITE
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Kodo millet upma, Nutribites, Indian cuisine