- 2 tablespoons GREENSFUD COCONUT OIL
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 250 grams boneless chicken cubed
- 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER
- ½ – 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD RED CHILLI FLAKES
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon GREENSFUD COCONUT OIL
- 1 garlic clove sliced
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ¾ – 1 cup milk
- 1 chicken cube
- ½ – 1 teaspoon GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- ½ –1 teaspoon GREENSFUD CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD RED CHILLI FLAKES
- ½ teaspoon basil or oregano
Chicken Patties Assembly:
- 1 kg puff pastry (or puff pastry sheets, whatever is available)
- flour to dust
- 1 egg for egg wash
- Garlic and ginger paste should be sautéed for a minute in hot oil in a skillet with chicken. Combine the chicken, vinegar, and spices. Cook the chicken on high heat until it turns from pink to white.
- Cook the chicken until it is cooked and the water has evaporated on low heat. After allowing the chicken to cool, shred it by hand or in a food processor.
For the chicken stuffing:
- In a medium sauce pan, heat the butter and oil.
- Sliced garlic should be cooked until light golden, followed by transparent onions. While whisking, add the flour and cook it for approximately a minute to get rid of the raw flour flavor.
- Add the chicken cube, 1/4 cup milk, salt, pepper, chilli flakes, and Italian herbs. Stirring the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes more until it is thick and no lumps remain.
- Add the chicken shreds and combine well. If required, add more milk after tasting and seasoning. Before using the mixture to produce chicken patties, allow to cool fully.
Regarding Chicken Patties Assembly:
- Puff pastry sheets should be refrigerated to thaw. From your puff pastry block, cut a rectangle, then roll it out. To make the pastry sheet easier to roll, sprinkle flour on its surface and top.
- Either line a baking sheet with parchment paper or oil and set aside a baking sheet.
- If a cookie cutter is not available, use a steel glass to cut out the pastry circles. In the center, place one teaspoon of filling. Apply an egg wash to the edges before covering with a second pastry circle. Ensure that it is shut from the edges and crimp with a fork if you want.
- Repeat with the rest of the patties. The chicken patties can be kept in the freezer unless you plan to bake them right away in which case you can brush them with a little beaten egg.
- For 10 to 15 minutes, bake patties at 200 C until they are lightly golden brown.
- The chicken patties can be frozen as well. Place the prepared patties in a single row on a baking sheet, spaced a half-inch apart, and freeze for approximately an hour, or until they are firm. When you’re ready to bake, transfer to a zip-lock bag and keep in the freezer.
- Prep Time: 45 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hr
- Category: APPETIZER
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Chicken patties, Chicken