For the chicken:
- 500 grams boneless chicken 2 chicken breasts, cut in small cubes
- ½ tablespoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD CRUSHED WHITE PEPPER
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- ¼ teaspoon GREENSFUD RED CHILLI FLAKES
- ½ tablespoon soya sauce
- 1 egg whisked
- 4 tablespoon cornflour / cornstarch
- GREENSFUD COCONUT OIL for frying
For Manchurian sauce / gravy:
- 2 tablespoons oil use the same oil as was used for frying
- ½ tablespoon freshly minced garlic can be substituted with garlic paste
- 4 dried whole red chillies
- 1 onion cut into cubes
- ½ green capsicum / green bell pepper cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- ½ cup tomato ketchup / tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli garlic sauce
- 1 – 1 /2 cups chicken stock or 1 chicken cube dissolved in same amount of water
- ½ teaspoon GREENSFUD RED CHILLI FLAKES
- ¼ teaspoon GREENSFUD CRUSHED WHITE PEPPER
- GREENSFUD HIMALAYAN PINK SALT
- 2 tablespoon cornflour / cornstarch dissolved in water
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced (for garnish)
To prepare the chicken:
- Combine the chicken with the garlic paste, salt, white pepper, red chilli flakes, and soy sauce in a bowl. Mix well after adding the egg.
- Till a thick batter consistency is attained, gradually add the cornflour. The recipe calls for 4 tablespoons of cornstarch or flour, but you can adjust the amount to achieve the desired consistency.
- Chicken should be marinated for 30 minutes.
- In a shallow frying pan or wok, heat the oil for frying.
- Chicken should be added in batches and cooked until crispy and golden brown. Maintain a low to medium heat so that the chicken will cook thoroughly from the inside out without burning.
- Set the fried chicken aside.
- The chicken can alternatively be oven-baked, shallow-fried
To make the Manchurian sauce or gravy:
- Put the tomato ketchup or tomato sauce, sriracha, soy sauce, and vinegar in a small jug or bowl. Stir, then put aside.
- a large wok or medium-sized pot with hot oil (or Dutch oven). You can use the same pan that you used to fry the chicken; just drain the oil and leave 2 tablespoons of it in the pan.
- Add the freshly minced garlic and entire red chilies to the heated oil. Add the chopped onions and bell pepper after one minute of sautéing.
- Add the tomato sauce mixture that was set aside after 2 minutes of sautéing.
- Salt, white pepper powder, red chilli flakes, and chicken stock should also be added. Add salt sparingly.
- After allowing the mixture to boil, reduce the heat so that it is simmering.
- The gravy will thicken and become glossy after 2 to 3 minutes of cooking the cornflour slurry.
- Mix in the fried chicken after adding the gravy. Cook the chicken until it is thoroughly heated, about a few minutes. Due to the fried chicken batter, the gravy will thicken a little bit more. At this point, if desired, you can add extra chicken stock and adjust the spice.
- Turn off the heat when the chicken is thoroughly heated. Serve the chicken Manchurian hot with fried rice and garnish with thinly sliced spring onions.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: MAIN DISH
- Cuisine: INDIAN
Keywords: Chicken manchurian, Chicken, Main dish, Indian cuisine